It has been forever since I have posted anything! Normally I have a specific thing to talk about with points and such. But today, I am writing freestyle, if you will. I started a journey on Aug. 26; a journey to better health.
I have insulin resistance which, I have learned, could turn into diabetes if I don't get it under control. So, the doctor put me on medication and sent me to a nutritionist to learn how to live a low-carb life. That's low-carb NOT no-carb. Whew!
Janelle, my nutritionist, went over the details of what my new life would look like and I was scared. Scared because it seemed too easy. Make smart food choices and limit carbs to 30-45 per meal. For snacks, use less carbs during the meal prior and use the unused carbs for that snack. Um, that was it. I was so used to seriously confining diet plans that I was frightened to try this. Seven and one-half weeks later, I am down 22 pounds.
Even more important than that, I have energy again now that my insulin levels are under control. I feel good. I feel like doing things and being active. I no longer am hungry. I no longer crave carbs and most of all sugar. As a matter of fact, this past weekend was Sophie's 3rd birthday and I planned so I could have a piece of cake. After a couple of bites I had to stop. It just didn't taste good to me. (Side note, I think I am mourning the loss of my love of sweets. But that's another story!)
I am now tackling getting into the habit of regular exercise without feeling guilty. My family is wonderful, they are all doing it with me. That helps.
I feel like I am in such a good place right now. I am happy. We are finally at a church where we are welcome, where we can participate, and where we can love and be loved. It is a good place for all of us!
The only unsettling thing right now is Chuck's job change. He isn't happy. I want him to be happy and feel fulfilled. I will continue to pray on this and I know that God will answer prayer and open not just doors for Chuck....but the best door for Chuck. If we stay here or move, it doesn't matter as long as we are together.
Thank you, Jesus, for all of your blessings. You are a wonderful and mighty God!
No comments:
Post a Comment